MN Code adoptions
On Tuesday March 31, 2020, six new Minnesota construction codes are scheduled to take effect. Although this adoption is occurring during the COVID-19 pandemic, the construction industry has been fully engaged in the process of developing changes to the new codes over the past two years and are anticipating their implementation. The department’s spring training educational seminars will be provided in an online format in the coming weeks.
New codes effective March 31, 2020 with the exception of the Mechanical Code that takes effect on April 6, 2020.
The following codes have been approved for adoption:
- 2020 Minnesota Conservation Code for Existing Buildings
- 2020 Minnesota Residential Code
- 2020 Minnesota Building Code
- 2020 Minnesota Energy Code (Note: The 2015 Minnesota Residential Energy Code remains in effect.)
- 2020 Minnesota Accessibility Code
- 2020 Minnesota Mechanical/Fuel Gas Code – Effective April 6, 2020
- 2020 Minnesota State Fire Code